walking on the inside of his ankles..

my son is 18 month old...he started walking really late around 13 months, i took him to the foot surgeon and he said it was normal and he would grow out of it but it has been a few months and still hasnt changed. he walks fine but on his left foot he kinda drags it and walks on the inside of his ankle, not bad but im just worried i dont want him walking weird when he gets older or anything like that..if anyone has any advice i would appreciate..thanks

haileylight

Asked by haileylight at 6:29 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She almost stomped instead of walking smoothly. At almost three years old, she looked like a toddler who was just learning to walk. It's hard to explain, but it just never looked right. Even now, she is still clumsy. She's always tripping over her own feet. Clumsiness is another thing to look out for.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 11:17 AM on May. 5, 2009

• It's called "overpronation" Hopefully he will grow out of it stay on top of it and if it seems to get worse, have him see a pediatric orthopedist.
    My feet roll in and I probably should wear orthodics but I love my flipflops too much! LOL!
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:31 PM on May. 2, 2009

• If I were you I would get a second opinion just in case. Even if you really like your Dr, it's a good idea to check with someone else if you don't feel comfortable with the answer he/she has given you. Best of luck, I hope all's well with your baby!
    MamaApio

Answer by MamaApio at 10:14 PM on May. 2, 2009

• My daughter's feet roll in slightly due to low muscle tone. She wears braces to build up the strength in her ankles. If your son tires after walking a short distance or complains of foot/leg pain, I'd definitely get a second opinion. It can eventually lead to problems with the legs and hips, so it's best to take care of it while he's still young.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 10:20 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Well he never complains and hee never cries about pain or anything...I think I worry too much and it makes it worse lol..how old is you daughter...so it is normal for some babies to do tht..
    haileylight

Answer by haileylight at 8:36 PM on May. 3, 2009

• My daughter is three. She never complained about pain or anything either. We noticed that she had a strange gait. Her physical therapist noticed the over-pronation and had another specialist come in and take a look at her. Her low muscle tone is due to her prematurity, so I don't know how common it is among your average full term children.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 9:49 PM on May. 3, 2009

• What's a straight gait...I am hoping it gets better soon lol
    haileylight

Answer by haileylight at 10:34 PM on May. 4, 2009