Garlic butter...

I fell in love with Country Crock Garlic Spread, but they quit making it. I emailed the company and they said that they don't plan on bringing it back because they weren't selling enough. So, here I am in a pickle because I like to make my own garlic bread, but can't find a garlic spread/ butter. My dad used to use Lawry's, but we can't find that now either.
I have looked at Wal*Mart, Kroger, and a local store. Anyone know of a place that sells something like this, or how to make some?!

Cookie1124

Asked by Cookie1124 at 6:43 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• go to the bakery section of a store that sells breads - if they sell garlic bread they will sell the spread as well, that is used on the garlic bread. That's what we use. Several of our larger markets that have delis and bakeries offer loafs of sourdough and garlic bread - they package the spread for resale as well - if not - just ask them.

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 1:20 AM on May. 3, 2009

• go to the spice aisle get garlic salt....spread reg butter on your bread then sprinkle it w/garlic salt
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:44 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I have tried that, but it isn't garlic enough! When I used to make my own, I used french bread and put regular margarine on it, then the garlic spread, then garlic salt. Now, I use the frozen garlic cheese bread and add garlic salt as well!!
    Cookie1124

Answer by Cookie1124 at 6:55 PM on May. 2, 2009

• in the spice isle, get some minced garlic. use that in addition to garlic salt/powder.

For my garlic spread (it may sound weird, but tastes awesome) I use butter, parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, minced garlic, garlic powder, garlic salt, onion powder and a little bit of mayo. I then top it off with slices of mozzerella.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 8:27 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Johnnys garlic bread and seasoning. add your own softened butter to 3 tbs and spread on bread and bake until hot and melted. It is made locally here in Wa, but I think it is avail nationally. I get it at Costco
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:55 PM on May. 2, 2009

• What you could do that would help is to roast your garlic. Take a garlic and cut off the top so some of the garlic is exposed, then drizzle a little oil on the top. Wrap it in foil and bake it for about 20 or so minutes in the oven.
    Then When it comes out of the oven the garlic cloves will spread like butter. You could easily spread butter then garlic on your bread and it will def be garlic enough. (or you might even be able to mix the butter and garlic together.) That sounds sooooo good.. I might have to do it myself. :)
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 8:41 AM on May. 3, 2009