Do you have a stubborn husband?

Ok he takes I don't know how many Advil's to ease his pain on his knee's and headaches I tell him too much in a day is very bad he has been to the doctor but they can only do so much. He says Advil seems to help for the time being it makes me mad bc to me it looks like he is taking them every few hours and I tell him that he just ignores me. I am his wife I need to take care of him but if he doesn't want to I can only help so much too.

I have heard too much Advil can do some damage to the liver....Is this true?
oh and he does not want me to mention this to our doctor. (HMMM???)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Health

• yes too much advil or tylonel and other OTC drugs can cause liver damage, im sure its not as bad as alcohol but dont quote me on that!
    Anonymous

• Your liver is the final clean-out in your body. EVERYTHING you take into your body gets cleaned by the liver. Residual crap stays and wrecks it. This is why it's most necessary to take GREAT care of this organ. He's an adult, and you're his wife, not mother. If he chooses to do this to his body.....nothing you can do about it. Too bad for you and kids if he continues to be like this. Some people have to have a bad thing happen before they wake up.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:02 PM on May. 2, 2009

• yes too much advil is terrible for your liver. What's going on with his knee? Is it just arthritis? Post more info and I may be able to help. I'm no doctor (yet) but I am a physical therapist and could probably give him some tips to alleviate pain!
    vannasmommy250

Answer by vannasmommy250 at 11:21 PM on May. 2, 2009