Mom's that have done a bit of relocating and Reno, NV and surrounding areas Mom's-

There is a very good chance that my DH is going to get a job in Silver Springs, NV. I've heard that the town, itself is kind of crappy (no offense to anyone that lives there). I want to live closer to either Reno/Sparks or Tahoe, but don't want my DH's commute to work to be crazy long. I've been looking into Fernley and Carson City, but it's hard to tell if they're good communities or not.
How do you go about finding out good area's to live, good school districts, so on and so forth?

nwdeserangel

Asked by nwdeserangel at 6:57 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ive lived in both Silver Springs and Reno. I dont blame you for not wanting to live in SS... my grandparents live there and its literally a town plopped in the middle of the desert with NOTHING. lol It was so boring living out there. I personally would rather live in Fernley than Carson. Fernley is closer to SS too. They have a nice looking elementry school and high school, plus theyve just built a super walmart and other shopping centers there. If youd like to be closer to Tahoe though, youd be better off in Carson. If you have any more questions, just PM me.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 8:34 PM on May. 2, 2009

• you should be able to do a google search to pull up crime rates etc..in the area, same with the schools, you should be able to do a search to compare them to other schools in the area. he can also ask his new boss for information on the area, and maybe phone numbers or email addresses of people who work for the company and have kids, then he could speak to them and get an idea of how far it would be etc...this is what my husband does when we have to move (we are navy) and that is how i find out about crime rates etc..in neighborhoods we are looking at before we get there.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:03 PM on May. 2, 2009