What are we going to do about diapers?

My SO just ran out of money until Friday. It's almost a week away until he gets paid again and our son is almost out of diapers! It's all from poor spending habits he's got.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• cloth diapers would be my guess (towels will work in a pinch) or see if the church food pantry has any.
    gonefishin

Answer by gonefishin at 7:03 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I would tell him it's his responsibility to ask for a loan till payday from one of his family members. Being completely out of money when you have a baby is never good... address the poor spending habits right away. If he isn't good with money maybe you should handle it instead.
    Anonymous

• Try looking for organizations & churches in the area that help the financially-strapped - do a web search or call your local human services department for a list of groups. How old is your son? I have a friend who potty- trained both her children by 10 mos. out of necessity.
    Mrs.Soule

Answer by Mrs.Soule at 7:07 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I agree with anon
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 7:07 PM on May. 2, 2009

• He is 11 months, he will be potty trained soon though.
    Anonymous

• will your parents help out or his?
    Anonymous

• Why don't you message me. Maybe I can help you out. It looks like you are not in California by the time of your post. Your baby should not suffer because of your SO habits. Let's see what we can work out.
    littllea

Answer by littllea at 7:46 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Credit card?
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:26 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Get diapers!!!! believe me you will find a way. GL You should try to have a stach of money incase of emergencies. anyone who is family and friends should help out.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:49 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Please do not take this the wrong way but where is your responsibility in this? Why is it only up to your SO to make money. Either ditch him because he is immature and irresponsible or get a job yourself because he does not make enough to provide for your family.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 8:55 PM on May. 2, 2009