How do you keep the spark in your relationship?

My husband and I were high school sweet hearts and we have been together for 8 years. After 2 kids the spark is not there like it once was. I need help ladies.. Any advice is welcome.

04mom07

Asked by 04mom07 at 8:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• I think relationships lose their "spark" because we become complacent with our spouse and get into a daily routine with work, kids, chores, errands, etc. What helps me and my husband is to set aside a time (even if it's just 30 minutes now; we have a new baby), preferably for a date or time at home without the kiddos if you can swing it, and do something fun that you both enjoyed when your relationship was new. Or if you've outgrown your old interests (highly likely since you've been together since high school), you could try a new experience together (dance class, cooking class, whatever trips your trigger). Just make sure you get at least a little alone time whenever possible and go out of your way to show your husband you care for him and are still *hot* for him. :D Good luck!!
    alleyway.ink

Answer by alleyway.ink at 9:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• a vaction together, kid free! or even some time apart, to have a chance to miss one another.
    mom2tocutekids

Answer by mom2tocutekids at 9:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Fire crackers!!! sorry i had to say it. LOL Try some new things..wink wink! Check out a "book store" for ideas. Sexy undies and games can bring a little fun back. Experiment and have a good time. Laughter is healing in a relationship and it can get ya through the tough spots. good luck
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 9:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Watch a romantic movie together. Go out on dates more often.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• He flirts with me alot..and vice versa. I know it sounds corny. But it works with us... like thinly veiled convos, winks, and silly stuff like that. Even though he is not the same slim man, I still think he is attractive..his eyes draw me in, the way they look at me...makes it so easy to flirt with him! Oh, he's got big shoulders too. I like that. :) I guess I just pick out what I like and focus on that..I think he does that with me.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Oh, forgot to say..we've been together for eight years and have three kids.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My husband and I try to maintain a little "mystery" in our relationship. You know when you are dating and you don't know much about each other yet and you can't wait to learn more? Wasn't that sexy to you? He likes dirt bike riding...so usually once a week he goes out and does that...I love to read, I go to barnes and noble. having seperate interests keeps just enough of an air of "mystery" that there is always something to talk about and it keeps me on my toes and vice versa. I also find that if I take the time to make myself feel good (makeup, do my hair, good outfit...), it just puts me in the mood to be flirty and fun with my husband. Hope that helps!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 20, 2008