Is the swine flu going away?

I haven't heard anything on the news about it the past 2 days. Is it going away or are people just tired of hearing about it or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• There haven't been any additional reported deaths.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:37 PM on May. 2, 2009

• its not going away but its not news anymore b/c the CDC and the WHO have said its no worse than the reg flu and theres no reason for everyone to be freaking out. so no one is reporting on it, unless its in your area. in that case they are still reporting new cases, its been all over the news and i actually got a call from the school system today telling us not to panic and to take "normal precautions" against getting sick
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:42 PM on May. 2, 2009

• There is more risk with the regular flu than with the swine flu. The media blew this way out of proportion.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:47 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I still hear about it. You must be watching some weird channels. Even so, they say they think it is leveling out in Mexico but they also say (just so you don't get to confident) that it could come back even stronger. So believe what you want and keep washing your hands and stay home if you or your kids are sick.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:06 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I just heard more today. They are being cautiously optimistic that it will have a minimal impact. I did hear it could come back, too. They are still not sure.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:19 PM on May. 2, 2009

• It is not spreading like wildfire, though realistically no one knows for sure what direction it will go in. I think after a week of constant swine flu, they just realized they needed to get some other news covered as well!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:26 PM on May. 2, 2009

• The death count in Mexico is now 19 confirmed from swine flu. 19!

What's happening is that the media is pulling back. Everybody over-hyped this disease a week ago. It's not all that bad.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:56 PM on May. 2, 2009

• It is the first wave. It will be back. Media is just being told by viewers that they are tired of hearing about it. Stupid sheep. It will come back. It isn't over yet.
    Anonymous

• You're right anon :32...I shall keep myself locked up inside my house until after I hear that everyone else is dead from swine flu (that isn't even really actual swine flu).

My daughter and I were sick today. We stayed at home and rested. She's already feeling much better and I still feel tired but better. It's not swine flu and even if it was what am I going to do about it? Unless a person were to develop complications from it, you are no worse off than most people are when they get the flu. The media just wanted to scare people...it's what they do best.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:44 PM on May. 2, 2009

• No, the media is just bored and will find something else to over-hype in a few days.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 11:55 PM on May. 2, 2009