For any who have felt this way..

I used to blame everything on God.(Before I got to know him.) My suffering, and things that had happened that I did not agree with. Well today I had found this passage and I want to know what you get out of it.

God disciplines his sons(daughters)
" My son(daughter),do not make light of the Lords discipline,
and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
because the Lord disciplines those he loves,
and he punishes everyone he accepts as son(daughter.)

If you think about it, it is the same as what you would do for your children. I will discipline my kids because I love and care for them. I do not want my children to make mistakes that could have been avoided if I had done so. Does this make sense to you? I added daughter b/c it applies to us as well.God is a loving Father and this proves it to me. God bless.

mo2a27

Asked by mo2a27 at 7:40 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (-6 Credits)
  • Even before I was saved, I never blamed God for anything. I always knew He has a plan for me, and I just figured that was part of it. He does give us free will,and I'm ashamed to say, I used my free will to indulge in alot of worldly things that now make me cringe when I think about it. Fortunately once I accepted Christ,and asked for forgiveness, I know God gave me that forgiveness,and the fresh start I was needing. I've never blamed God for the way my dad acted or treated me. That was his free will,to want me, and to treat me like I mattered. However, he choose to exercise his free will to treat me like I was a burden. However, in the search for my earthly father's love, I found the total acceptance, and undying love of my Heavenly Father. He wants a relationship with me, is never too busy for me, created me,and saved my life from an abortion, always seeks me out, and lets me know I'm loved and cared about. That's all I need
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 12:30 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Only thing I can think of, is sometimes we have to make our own mistakes and learn from them.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 7:45 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I have always felt that way so I understand where you are coming from, good passage, what's the chapter and verse?

nateandlo

Answer by nateandlo at 7:48 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Hebrews 12:5 12;5-6

Thank you.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 7:51 PM on May. 2, 2009

• great way to look at this. I never did, I figured God was reminding me of the good things.
    Anonymous

• We do make mistakes and learn from them. We still get disciplined, and punished. It is how we learn not to do it again. If there were no repercussions then why would we stop?

mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 7:53 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Not trying to be disrespectful. I have always wondered this and never gotten a straight answer. Why do Christians believe they need to be punishment and discipline from God in order to learn?

jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 8:11 PM on May. 2, 2009

• None taken fireball. It is not that we feel we need to. We know we will be. When we realize that yes God is disciplining us or punishing us then we can understand why when we look into the actions that had brought it upon us. Hope this helps, and feel free to ask me questions.God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 8:15 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Oops you and fireball have the same pic...Icss. My bad.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 8:16 PM on May. 2, 2009

• lol. Thats pretty funny. I thought you were calling me a fireball. Like sassy or something. lol
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 8:18 PM on May. 2, 2009