If you go to church...

do you have your children go with you? If so do they sit with you or go to the nursery or children's church?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• For the sermon/sacrament meeting part they sit with me, then for the other classes like sunday school they go to a nursery or primary...but they can't go until they're at least 18 months.

I've got to admit that period of time after my daughter started walking, but before she could go to nursery was really hard.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 7:48 PM on May. 2, 2009

• My oldest goes to Jr. High class then comes to church with me. The twins go to their 5th grade class then to children's church. Our church is open to having kids in service too. There are several families who's children only go to Sunday school then come into service.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:54 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Mine goes to the nursery. It is the only time she can visit with other kids her age. They play what is being said back there on a speaker. So she gets to hear everything going on. GB
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 8:06 PM on May. 2, 2009

• My son stays with me. He even receives infant communion, which is the tradition in our church.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 8:08 PM on May. 2, 2009

• What is infant communion?
    livingangle

Answer by livingangle at 8:10 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Yes we always take them and no we don't believe children should be sent out to be baby sat so there are no separate rooms where only children are sent to be cared for,
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 8:31 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I have always started my babies off in the church with me, but if they get fussy or cranky, I'd take them down to the nursery and stay with them there.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 8:59 PM on May. 2, 2009

• We go to church I have 3 kids the 5 yr old and 3 yr old stay with us until Childrens time, where they go up, sit with the preacher, have a short lesson and prayer, then they go to the nursery. the baby stays with us, if the other two sat with us we would never be able to pay attention to the preacher. When they get a little older and understand what goes on in the church, they'll stay with us.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 9:03 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I did not send my kids to church, I took them to church.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 12:05 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I have mine go to their Sunday school classes.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 12:56 AM on May. 3, 2009