Pagan/Christian mix, why is it OK

for Christian's to do it but God hated it when Israel mixed the two?
Please read the Link I'm adding since they don't have a link option here,
or you can C&P this
http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/wheel.htm

lisarose45

Asked by lisarose45 at 7:47 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 7:47 PM on May. 2, 2009

• it depends on the person..... i think if the christian doesnt have a problem with it then its okay. a lpot of people say the are christian but really dont practice it at all.
    Anonymous

• Feh! We've been telling you all along that xtianity has pagan dna :D

Oh but wait, since most of the peeps here are American, you're going to hear from someone that Catholics aren't real xtians, they're pagan idolaters and don't count.

MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 7:53 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I don't understand. Are you saying their is a problem with ancient symbolism simply because of the Pagan origins.

Anonymous

• Exactly MizKizzy, a lot of Christian celebrations and symbols have Pagan roots.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:54 PM on May. 2, 2009

• The page reads...
    TOP
    PAGAN SUN WORSHIP AND CATHOLICISM
    THE PAGAN SUN WHEEL, THE OBELISK AND BAAL

BOTTOM
    So in St. Peter's square, the symbol of Baal is within the symbol of Ishtar, and at the center is an Egyptian obelisk, all representing pagan sun worship.

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 7:55 PM on May. 2, 2009

• What is the point? We all know. Are you saying you are for it.? against it ?or just want others input on the fact of the matter?
    Anonymous

• That's my question to you. If God punished Israel for mixing their worship of him with the worship of other gods, why is it OK today? When did God stop thinking that the mixing was wrong?
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 7:58 PM on May. 2, 2009

• My husband is Catholic, believes in God and loves his religion. I am a practicing witch. We have been together for over 8 years. So Yes.......I believe that two different people can comfortably live together. There are things that we respect and agree to disagree.

I think its very important to become knowledgable about history during the times when Christianity was emerging. There was a time when there was a mixure of beliefs persay. People were still finding there path. History is just that and there is "good things and not so good things" that are apart of history in every religion and beliefs system.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:02 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I don't know but it looks pretty darn ancient to me.
    Anonymous