Am I the only one who believes in getting to know someone before having sex with that person?

It seems like when ever I meet a man all he can think of is sex, he doesn't want to get to know anything about me. That upsets me , because I want to get to know someone before I get into bed with them. It seems like that everybody does it that way now days. Where has the romance gone with sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Try fishing in deeper waters.
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 7:49 PM on May. 2, 2009

• i agree with PP.... some men are pigs but not all. i have met plenty of men who wanted to get to know me first, my hubby wasnt one of them but i made him wait anyway
    Anonymous

• I have yet to meet a man who doesn't have sex on the brain most of every day. It's just in their nature.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 7:52 PM on May. 2, 2009

• lol mangy true, im sure the men i met who 'wanted to get to know me' were using that as a ploy to get some LOL
    Anonymous

• I say where has the commitment gone? What happened to getting married before having sex? I can't imagine sharing something so intimate with anyone that doesn't love me enough to make a lifetime commitment to me first. AmI the only one that is so utterly shocked at how casual sex has gotten? It's no wonder there are so many hurting people, unplanned & unwanted pregnancies, fatherless children, depressed girls, violent and disrespectful boy friends etc. My heart really breaks for all those who have been raised to believe that sex outside of marriage is OK. It causes nothing but heartache and pain.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 7:56 PM on May. 2, 2009

• blessedmommy in a perfect would it would be like that! i know you will get a lot of bashing for what you said but i think its true. im not against sex before marriage but i do feel people should think of the bigger picture with what COULD happen, even to the most careful people! not onlyu pregnancy but STD's!
    Anonymous

• I belive that way too, I made my husband wait several months before I would have sex when we were dating,
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 8:07 PM on May. 2, 2009

• even sex outside of marriage leads to the most devastating life changing events!
    Anonymous

• I do believe in getting to know someone before sleeping with them. waiting till after marriage is a romantic idea and not one I want to entertain. there is middle ground on this one for sure.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 8:44 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I'm sure you're not the only one who feels this way.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:12 PM on May. 2, 2009