does any one else 3 year old ...

always ask for food ?? its like my dd never eats she always talks about food , i always feed my dd breakfast lunch and dinner and she might have a snack in between but not always. is that normal for her to always want food? oh and my dd is 40 inches and 35 pounds .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, it sounds like she is like my 6 year old. We have found with him, it is easier for us to give him like 6 small meals a day as opposed to three large ones. He still gets the same amount of nutrients, they are just better spread out. When we are kids, our metablism is insane! To bad it doesn't stay the same way.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:51 PM on May. 2, 2009

• If you can't do the extra meals a day, try having a snack drawer for her - fill it with healthy things though.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:07 PM on May. 2, 2009

• most kids need a morning and afternoon snack, something small
    that in mind my son gets that and still allways asks for food
    lol
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:34 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Yeah, my 3 year old dd is always hungry! We have a snack basket with cereal bars, granola bars, crackers, etc. for her to pick from but she does have to ask first because I don't want her filling up before a mealtime. I find that her metabolism is really fast and she's a very active child so it's better for her to eat smaller more frequent meals than just 3 big ones a day.
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 10:11 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Sounds like my ds who is 3 yrs. I will give him lunch or something and maybe 5 or 10 minutes later he says "Im hungry" SO I give him something else to snack on. He does that on and off all day. ITs like he never gets full.
    kgmmw

Answer by kgmmw at 9:37 AM on May. 3, 2009

• You have a big girl there. I think as the rate she grows, i don't see it is a problem. IF she active? Try to get her run around the block do some jumping around the house, so she won't be get too big in the other way.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 9:54 AM on May. 3, 2009

• ok thanks for your opinion yoshiki56 but shes 40 inches tall shes alot taller then her friends and her friends are all 3 so no shes not BIG shes TALL thanks ..
    Anonymous

• my daugther is 5yrs old now and has not stopped asking for food and I learned to cut back on juice and just give her lots of fruit the doctor said and never let her snack before any meal. Children ten to fill up on junk food and then don't want any other food but chips and cookies and not the meal that you made for them. Hang in their and eventually you will learn when she is really hungry and when she just wants a snack.
    Katz25

Answer by Katz25 at 10:00 PM on May. 4, 2009