Schedules...

Wanted to know what schedules you all had your 1 month olds on...need some suggestions. Im a new mom and feel like Im doing things wrong...thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That was over two years ago, but I do know my hubby and I kept a daily log broken down into hours so each of us knew what had happened during the time before it was our turn to watch our son. A pattern started to emerge and that is how we saw our baby's schedule.

It really helped with knowing if he had a poopy diaper, how many wet diapers and when, how much formula he drank and when, naps taken and how long...when he got old enough to eat baby food, we wrote down what we gave him and when so we could track any sensitivity.

As for schedule, baby made his own. It was something like: Eat every 3-4 hours, sleep about the same amount of time! Poop and pee as needed.

Once his stomach got big enough, the time between eating and longer sleeping time was really better.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:04 PM on May. 2, 2009

• At 1 month, our schedule was pretty simple--eat every 2 hours, sleep for the 30 minutes before each feeding. The exception was nighttime, which was just eat, sleep. Bedtime was 7:30 PM, wake-up was 7:30 AM, and he woke up to eat about every 3-4 hours. Breastfed babies (like mine) will eat more often at first. I don't remember much more than that. HTH!!
    dougiesmom

Answer by dougiesmom at 8:18 PM on May. 2, 2009

• When DD was one month, she ate about every 2-3 hours, took several naps a day for 1-2 hours each (probably about 4), and at night slept for 6 hours without eating. I didnt really try to put her on a specific schedule, I just went with the flow.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 8:22 PM on May. 2, 2009

• just do what YOU feel is right. there is no wrong or right. personally, i didnt have my son on any schedule at this age. i felt it was to rigid to force a small babe when he really didnt know what was going on. let them sleep when they want, and eat when they want. they are only that small for such a small time. enjoy it.
    mom2sweetestboy

Answer by mom2sweetestboy at 9:37 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Schedules are for buses, not for babies. **grin** Follow the baby's cues, feed on demand and you CANNOT go wrong.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:52 PM on May. 2, 2009

• My son is 3 weeks. I don't have a schedule, he makes his own. But normally he sleeps about two-three hours between half-hour feedings of 2-3.5oz of formula, he's awake and alert for about two hours altogether during the day. Every time he wakes up and cries, I change his diaper then feed him. During the day it's almost always just urine. At night he sleeps four to five hours, eats 3oz at each feeding, and for the past three days has filled his diaper with runny green poo every night around 1AM. But like I said, he has his own schedule. I just make him have a routine (wake up, cry, get picked up, diaper changed, fed, cuddle/alert time, then back to sleep).
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 3:03 AM on May. 3, 2009