• In the Spotlight:

What do you think about teen marriage??

What do you think about teens getting married while they are pregnant with the father they are marrying.??

Petrick

Asked by Petrick at 8:04 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I think it's stupid. I'm sure they'll end up divorced
    Anonymous

• in my human development class he said people married before 25 have a higher divorce rate because until 25 youre still trying to find yourself.... i think if youre going to get married do it for the RIGHT reasons, not because youre pregnant and your parents want you to and you need health insurance. i mean people can marry for genuine love and one or the other is a compulsive cheater but i think if you marry for love you'll do okay... i mean there are other stresses in a relationship like money and laziness but
    Anonymous

• I think it has been going on for thousands of years before us....
    Anonymous

• sorry my son caught me off LOL.... i was gonna say but if you are in LOVE you will probably be okay
    Anonymous

• yes get married if they r in love
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 8:23 PM on May. 2, 2009

• even if the parents have to sign papers?? If they are in love can't they wait to do it legal??
    Petrick

Answer by Petrick at 8:36 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Petrick, if they are truly in love, that is a two way street. Yeah, they could wait, but why? Til their age is a certain, special number? That's dumb.

I married my husband when I was 18. I'd have married him sooner but my mom never would have signed the papers. I wasn't pregnant, I was just in love. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:39 PM on May. 2, 2009

• We all want to say "marry for love" but the fact of the situation is that tons of people marry without love, even if they do not have a pending pregnancy to consider. it isn't all about love. It can be about safety, assurance, respect, and tons of other things. Even if two people love eachother, with or without children...lets all face it, marriages aren't built just on love. There is trust and companionship, respect and consideration, get and give. So even if two people love eachother, if they don't have any of that, they typically don't have a very happy ending. So if a young couple has all of the above, and maybe only puppy love or infactuation, then who are we to say that they should or should not get married? I dont' really have an answer to this question, just some things for all of us consider.
    bpayson23

Answer by bpayson23 at 8:39 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I started dating my husband when we were 16 and 17. we had our son at 17 and 18, got married at 18 and 19, and now at 30 and 31 we are still together. (we even split up when I was diagnosed with cancer) So I do know that it can work, but it is a long HARD road they will never understand until they are on it. It wasnt easy on us, we had alot of growing up to do. and it wasnt until we brought God into our lives that it ever got any better. We have had alot of hard times, but have made it through. I dont think you can ever predict how a relationship will turn out... no matter what the ages. Talk to them.. try to support them, this way no matter what the outcome, you still have a strong relationship. praying for your situation!!!
    Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 8:58 PM on May. 2, 2009

• i got marreid when i was 16 and have been married for going on 12 years and could not be happier but i have several friends who have been married several times so it just depends on the reasons you are getting married for if its because they are in love then yes if its because they are preggo then im not sure good luck
    kimmaboo

Answer by kimmaboo at 9:42 PM on May. 2, 2009