Lonely?

Why do I feel so lonely, I'm surrounded by my three kids, husband is with me most of the time, I just don't get it. I don't really have friends anymore after starting my family, I feel like I don't have anyone. Am I the only one that feels like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• i feel this way a lot! I have a wonderful boyfriend and we have a wonderful son. But my family lives far away, SO's family never visits or calls unless it involves getting SO to fix their car, and many of my friends before I was preggo, no longer call me or hang out. It took me a while, but once I started going to library playgroups I started making "friends" again. they are moms close to my age and have babies close to my son's age, and most are also first time moms. I only see them in that setting but thats ok for now. that has helped me crawl out of my shell a lot and I dont feel as lonely anymore!
    Anonymous

• no, I often feel this way too. Sometimes I feel like its my fault I feel that way because I dont want to go out and make friends.
    Anonymous

• you are not alone
    Anonymous

• It would be nice for you to have some friends to talk with. Having children is a great ice-breaker. Perhaps you can meet some other moms on the playground or at the library, or at a mom and me class at the Y or college. Suggest you all stop for burgers or ice cream. See if you click as friends, then maybe invite her and children over for a play date and coffee.

Answer by Bmat at 8:18 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Everyone is busy even at the park, Cell phones make it easier to avoid people. Try a Baptist church!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 8:35 PM on May. 2, 2009

• What Bmat said.
    Anonymous

• I was never as lonely as when I was married. Sad. I'm fine now though being single.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:14 PM on May. 2, 2009

• no, you aren't alone
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 9:36 PM on May. 2, 2009

• same here. been in this town 3 1/2 years (since my kids) and haven't made a single friend. i must say, though, that in comparison to my last marriage... i don't feel lonely... just friendless.
    lauchremi

Answer by lauchremi at 9:49 PM on May. 2, 2009