Did any breast feeding moms use gentian violet? DId you have any side effects?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did, only side effect was the staining of purplish blue...baby needed a bib and I needed breastpads..didn't have to wear them much rarely leaked after 3 months....BUT it worked
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 8:50 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I wasn't breastfeeding (she was 2) but there are no side effects besides the color. When you put it on, make sure any clothes are "junk" clothes for a day or so. It even rubbed off on my toddler's pillow that night. But it did work!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:04 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I took my daughter to the docs from 2 weeks til 10 weeks for thrush. Nothing worked. A friend told me about GV and in one treatment her thrush was gone. The purple fades quick.....just let them wear some junky cloths for the first day or two for dripple purposes
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 9:52 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I just finished a four day treatment. Worked for baby, but not on me. I'm convinced I'm never getting rid of this crap. My last resort is grapefruit seed extract. Sorry I'm off topic, I just needed to vent. I've had thrush for over a month now and I'm really sick of it. The only side effect from GV was the staining, but it's washed out of almost everything I got it on.
    sweetgabesmom

Answer by sweetgabesmom at 10:38 PM on May. 2, 2009

• what is gentian violet?? and how exactly do you get thrush?
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:12 AM on May. 3, 2009