Has he ever forgotten?

My husband forgot my birthday. He forgot Christmas. He forgot our anniversary, but he remembered when his friend was supposed to get married. He didn't think about Valentine's Day, that was the day his friend was supposed to get marriesd. Now I am upset because he thinks that Mother's Day is stupid and that I should forget about it. Atleast that is what he said last year, so I haven't even brought it up this year. Now just know, he has always been remembered on all of these days.
What would you do or say and what should I do?

krissyvelazquez

Asked by krissyvelazquez at 8:43 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• A lot of men don't get those holidays. They think they aren't important, and just an excuse to spend money on 'useless' things. But they don't see how important those holidays are to their wives. Their wives and their feelings should way out weigh the 'oh crap, another damn holiday'. I'm sure there are little things you do for him that if you stopped doing them,he'd sure notice. Mine is good at remembering, but he sucks at the gifts. Well, when he gets over the 'i don't know what you want, so I won't buy anything', he does really good. He knows what I like, and he does have good ideas. He just tries to say he doesn't. He doesn't get off that easy. Have you tried talking to your husband in terms he will understand?
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 9:50 PM on May. 2, 2009

• dont get him anything and buy yourself something and open it whens hes near you then say happy mothers day to your self lol
    morgan453

Answer by morgan453 at 8:46 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I would feel disrespected and leave him.
    Anonymous

• Talk with him about policies. It is your problem, that you feel sad when you aren't remembered. He has no problem. So talk about your feelings and say that if he wishes the policy to be no remembering of special days then that's that. But it includes his special days, too. Tell him it seems sad to not remember the days for both you and for him with a little gift or at least a greeting, but that if you should have no expectations then it would be better of you to have it settled.

Answer by Bmat at 8:48 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Kick him to the curb. He thinks of no one but himself he sounds like he don't give two shit what you want or what make you happy. SELFISH ASS. Your better then that...
    Anonymous

• Is he just overwhelmed with what to get you perhaps?Men will do the "its stupid " routine when they can't figure something out-like kids!I hope that's all it is and he's not intentionally trying to hurt you.You need to let him know those days are special and you expect a gift.Is he nice otherwise?Sometimes men figure they do so much otherwise so....
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:58 PM on May. 2, 2009

• oh and that will show him how it feels then talk about and then at the last second give him his present
    morgan453

Answer by morgan453 at 9:00 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Men and women think differently. Though my husband does remember those days it would not surprise me if he didn't and would not bother me. He shows he appreciates me in many other ways. Cleaning the house, doing laundry, going grocery shopping and thinking about my needs first when we have sex. So no I do not need material things to know I am loved and wanted.
    Anonymous

• some ppl just don't do holidays but why would he do mother's day for you? You are not his mom
    Anonymous

• Well me and my DH have a general rule He can either buy me something for my B-day or our anniversary because they are a week apart. I can either do his b-day or Christmas because they are about two weeks apart, but honestly he usually buys me for both, but nothing huge. Just like one of those bouquet of flowers from Wal-mart and a card. I very rarely get him anything now though because I am not working and it seems silly to ask him for money to buy him something. But my DH's problem is that he equates presents for love. It drives me nuts. He feels like he has to buy my love even after 14 years of marriage. Our other issue is that he loves over the top reactions and I am usually pretty calm and smile and say thank you very sincerely. He likes it when I cry over gifts, which I don't do that often, so he doesn't think I appreciate them.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 9:28 PM on May. 2, 2009