I want to get wood floors

I want wood floors but I'm not sure just how much of the floors should be wood. I'm thinking of selling in a few years though. Would you do the whole house or leave the bedrooms carpet. What do you think most people like?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 8:52 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Home & Garden

• My hubby is a real estate agent, and he always recommends that you leave some rooms with carpet, particularly in the bedrooms. Hardwoods and tile leave homes feeling cold, and isn't as soundproof.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 9:04 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I would leave the rooms carpet. Without carpet rooms can get pretty cold at night with just hardwood. I got my daughter an area rug for her room to try to warm it up.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:58 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I would leave the bedrooms carpet..
    If the bedrooms are upstairs and the rest is downstairs, you can do most of the bedrooms in carpet, and do the master in hardwood. With a NICE area rug when your showing the house.

Check out what is cheapest, and what looks the best.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:14 AM on May. 3, 2009

• We did neutral wall to wall carpet in each of the upstairs bedrooms, and added area rugs to coordinate with the decor/theme in each room. We have hardwood floors in the upstairs and downstairs hallways and stairs (with carpet runner and brass bars between where the step and riser meet) and the first floor formal and family rooms with area rugs. The bathrooms and kitchen area are tile with area and accent rugs.

I'm a huge fan of area/accent rugs as they can be easily cleaned and/or changed to reflect decor changes and they protect your hardwood/tile floors and carpet areas as well as diminish noise, and they make a room/home less "cold" feeling.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:57 AM on May. 3, 2009