Begging....... Do you think that it is or not?

So I am planning my baby shower with my mother. We have many door prizes and raffle prizes along with the prizes that goes with different games. So on the invitations we were wanting to put that we will have a raffel prize valued at 150.00 for the guest who's name is pulled out of the basket (it is a raffel for the person who bring diapers sizes newborn to 3) Each pack will get your name in the basket, so the more you bring the more likely your name will be pulled for the prize which is a massage session that is a hour long. I was telling one of my friends about it and she was like ........ so why are you begging for diapers!?!?! I did not look at it like that. I mean the prizes that we are giving out value more than a pack of pampers. I mean me have very nice gifts (25 & 50.oo gift cards) 2 of each, not the average gift you get at a shower. Am I begging for diapers? What do you ladies think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have heard of that before i see no prob with it
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:05 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I dont think so, its just fun, how i look at it
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 9:07 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I think your friend was being a jerk. It's a baby shower and it's a fun thing to do. There's nothing wrong with it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:07 PM on May. 2, 2009

• The only thing I would be worried about is only getting diapers. :-) Or getting more diapers and less of other things you might can use. I don't see a problem with it.....great idea.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:08 PM on May. 2, 2009

• thier is nothing wrong with it im doing the same thing and if this is ur fris baby u need all the help u can get just tell ur fried to back off and mind he biz. if she dont like it she dont have to bring any that just mean she wont win the prize
    honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 9:28 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I don't understand why you are giving gifts to your guests. Why would you not put that money towards the diapers and let them bring what they want to bring you instead of bribing everyone to bring diapers?
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:30 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Well we are giving gifts beacuse that is what you do. I mean when you have a part you give party favors. Believe me there is nothing wrong with us getting them ourselves, I just thought that it would be another fun way to celebrate the baby. Basic shower gifts are lotions, bath stuff, and possibly clothes. We did a baby registry and I was just thinking this was a different way to give our guest something else to bring. I am not bribing you dont have to bring diapers if you dont want to. It is up to you and I am sorry you feel like I am. I did not say I want everyone to bring diapers. I said it will be a different prize given to that person. Not once did I make it seem like that is what I want everone to bring. I let our guest know where we were registered at also, so basically they bring what they want. If nobody brings diapers then you know what.......... I will use the massage myslef no problem.
    Anonymous

• begging? not at all. i actually have recently heard about this "diaper raffle" and think its a great/smart idea! PLUS you are offering a great prize. Nothing says that they have to participate in the raffle, rite? It's an option, to win a cool prize! If you were saying "please bring 8 packs of diapers to the shower", then maybe it might b closer to begging. good luck! i hope it works out to your advantage!
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:26 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I love that idea & it's not beggin at all. I had 2 showers given for me for my 3rd baby and there were over 100 people at each one. We didn't have to buy any diapers for our son at all and everyone loved the idea. Ignore what your friend said and go ahead with the diaper raffle... It was lots of fun for the guests.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:38 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Uh...well....you are unusually generous. I've never heard of "favors" of this type for any kind of party. I HAVE heard of them given as door prizes for a SALES party fro Arbonne or Tupperware or the like. It actually sounds a little to me like bribery to get someone to your party.

And you know, there is a such thing as too many diapers. Or diapers that give baby bad reactions. **smile** If you're gonna get them be sure to get gift receipts.

I personally ind it a bit off-putting to be told to bring diapers to be entered in a raffle, and I'd probably pass on the raffle opportunity. I'd prefer you use that for yourself and let your guests shower you with good wishes and things you need.

Now, I have been to a shower where all the guests were asked to bring bibs, which were used for a photo. That was fun because people came up with unusual bibs.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:44 PM on May. 2, 2009