Sun burn

Hey does anybody have any good advice for a bad sun burn! I have never been burnt this bad before i swear im dieing! lol!

luvmylilman2007

Asked by luvmylilman2007 at 9:10 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Health

• I asked that exact question the other day and a mom had some really great advice for me! She suggested I brew some tea and wet a washcloth with it and use that as a poutice. I spent 20 minutes with a tea cloth on each of my burnt shoulders and it never hurt, which is surprising because I was tomato red.

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:12 PM on May. 2, 2009

• aloe vera works pretty good and also there is this stuff called green ice. it works sooo good. i live by that stuff in the summer time. you should be able to get it at walmart or your local drug store.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:13 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Don't use lotion, it will keep the heat in and cause blistering for sure. Plus, it can make you have an "itching" episode from hell.

Use white vinegar and water. Take a jug of vinegar and pour it into a bucket and add a little water. The vinegar will take the heat/redness/burn out. Take a towel and soak in bucket then place on burn for 10-15 min and repeat for a good hour or so. Continue to do so off/on throughout the day. Yes, it stinks and you may have to sit in the tub but it will help....promise. That is the ONLY thing I use when I get burnt and I have really fair skin.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:14 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I've heard to put a thin layer of plain yogurt on the area, and repeat a few times, building up the layers.

Answer by Bmat at 9:18 PM on May. 2, 2009