How do I get cheap mauve lipstick off of my white, flat finish bedroom walls?

My darling, beloved 5 year old son decided to label the walls in our room... MOM on "my" side of the room, and "Dad" on the other side... and I'm afraid to dive into it, because if I just smear it around... the mess will be just that much worse.

judybant

Asked by judybant at 9:15 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Magic Erasers! Wipe first with a damp cloth then go at it with the magic eraser, should do the trick..if not use baking soda on a damp cloth.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:17 PM on May. 2, 2009

• get an old toothbrush or something with the same type of bristles because you don't want to scratch your wall, and some toothpaste. scrub your walls with that then use hot water with some dish soap and a rag and wash your wall. it worked for me. i also have a creative niece.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:17 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I would very gently try some baking soda on a wet cloth, just try not to rub hard, because it is abrasive. But the baking soda will should work, I use it to clean just about everything in my house.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 9:18 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I saw someone on TV use a hairdryer to warm the lipstick on a wall and then she dabbed it off with a cotton cloth.

I would try a dry magic eraser. I used it on my wall to get lip stick off and it worked great. My wall was semi-gloss though.

You might also try a little rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball. I've also seen hairspray used on a home cleaning tips show. I haven't tried those myself though.

Also, as some of the other ladies said, baking soda works great on greasy stuff, so that might do the trick too!

Good Luck!! Hope your wall comes clean.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:20 PM on May. 2, 2009

• If the baking soda didn't work, I'd probably try bleach - on a q-tip first to see if it worked. But really, I believe I'd just leave it. The little one's art work.

Answer by Bmat at 9:22 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Mr clean Magic eraser!!! even takes off permanent marker
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:01 PM on May. 2, 2009

• My 3 year old took my lipstick and drew a long line down my wall. My paint is that flat builders paint. I have tried everything to get it off. Nothing has worked. I say paint over it. Or if you own the house leave it. You may appriciate it someday.
    michelle1219

Answer by michelle1219 at 12:24 PM on May. 3, 2009