what can i take for depression

i am really depressed there has been a lot of things going on and about the only good thing is that i am pregnant however i feel like i need to take anti depressants and don't know that the doctor will prescibe any.
does anyone know if there is a pill to take that is safe for pregnant women or had this same problem while pregnant please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I took effexor xr and my baby turned out fine.
    Anonymous

• You need to speak to your doctor about that!
    Anonymous

• Yes, there are things that a doctor will prescribe to pregnant and/or nursing women.

don't be afraid to talk to your doc as soon as you can.
    Anonymous

• I am 14 weeks pregnant and my dr gave me Zoloft. Talk to you dr. there are meds they can give you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on May. 3, 2009

• i was told by a hospital OB that zoloft and prozac are the choice medications. my psychiatrist told me that it's safe to take other medications as well. what you need to do is have a psychiatrist and your OB work together to see what is in your best benefit. i stopped taking my antidepressants once i became pregnant because we found that my case of clinical depression wasnt so severe that i needed to take the meds. i will need to start them back up after i have the baby to avoid post pardum. you and your doctor will decide what is best for you and your baby.
    kristinmj

Answer by kristinmj at 2:25 PM on May. 3, 2009