My chocolate lab is blowing his coat, it's driving me nuts!

Any way to get it over with quicker? I vaccume and sweep several times a day. The amount of hair I comb out of him looks like a dead animal lol. I can't take it anymore!! Thank god its only twice a year!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Pets

• my dog and cats love to be vacuumed. sounds crazy but it works.. we have a bag-less vacuum and I empty the container at least three times.

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 9:31 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I have seriously considered vacuuming him lol. But he is scared of the vacuume.
    Anonymous

• The Furminator deshedding tool works wonders, and this is going to sound odd, but feed him a few eggs a day! Cooked, not raw.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 7:14 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I came back to this question because I JUST saw that shedding tool at a friends house. Her dog is a golden retriever... sheds like a chemo patient (i can say it cause I am a cancer survivor and still on chemo so no hate intended) but she got that shed tool and he sits on the couch and there is only like 10 hairs compared to the 35,000 that were left behind before. She only paid like 10 or 15 bucks for it. Maybe try this.. I have seen first hand that they work!
    Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 3:41 PM on May. 3, 2009

• the furminator is great! We use it on our dog. We spent so much money on dog brushes trying to find one that really works. Nothing would catch her hair and brush it out. We tried it in the store because there was no way I was going to spend that much on anoter brush to have it not work. We love it!!!
    lol We used to vacuum our old dog. He was a lab newfie cross and he loved it.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:57 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I know how you feel!! I heard the defurminator works really well
    Luckylady32807

Answer by Luckylady32807 at 11:11 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I just researched the Ferminator thing online and it looks awesome! I want it! Thanks for the info guys!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on May. 4, 2009