Do you have a rule or standard?

When you post questions on CM, do you have a rule or a standard of what answer you will pick for best answer? And do you ever pick your own answer for best answer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I hate when people pick themselves for best answer when someone else clearly gave an exceptional answer to their question. I don't have any standard really I just pick an answer that was helpful and isn't rude or bashing people.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:34 PM on May. 2, 2009

• If I'm being bashed, all answers are wrong!
    Anonymous

• a rule or a standard. . .not really. If all the answers are similar I will pick the best written. Occasionally if there isn't a really standout answer, I'll pick one of my friends. If it's all garbage, I just delete the question.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:33 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Personally, I pick only posts that have screen names (I won't pick an anon, even if they are the best answer). I find it really annoying when people pick their own answers for best answer, it shows that they really aren't interested in hearing others out.
    And since I am answering this anon, OP, don't pick me for best answer! :oP
    Anonymous

• I pretty much do just what lovinangels does.
    Anonymous

• I never pick my own, I rarely pick anons because I know they really don't care to get credit for it. If I am posting a silly question I pick the answer that made me lol, lmao. If it is a serious or heartfelt question I go for the best advice and/or the nicest one.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 10:28 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I pick answers that are clearly intended to be helpful..."bashers" don't get chosen as best answer!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:36 PM on May. 2, 2009