Should I homeschool my kindergartener or save pennys to send her to a Christian school?

She has younger siblings but is VERY social, and is also very hard to control-headstrong! The school is strict and may be good? for her ? It is a bit of money but I could apply for scholarships? Any1 know what I should do with a child like this? Fanily qould help pay as well for the school. BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN PLEASE REPLY!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• In my personal opinion, school is important for a child's development and character...to be able to interact with others their same age, and learn to take authority from another adult that is not a relative or friend of the family. A good Christian school is what I am going to choose for my son. I want him to be able to experience school and all the freedom and fun activites without the public school type atmosphere.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:43 PM on May. 2, 2009

• FYI many of the teachers at Catholic school teach there becuase they can't get jobs at public school.
    Anonymous

• The hardest choices in life are between two good things - which it sounds like you're playing with here.

Well, God is interested enough in all your choices to help you know what is best when you come to him in prayer. That's what I would do.
    Anonymous

• Talk to your church--they may have scholarships to help send kids to Catholic schools. I also agree with the first person that answered this question. Check out all teachers before you put your kids in their care. My kids go to public school and I check out their teachers to. Do your research and see whats best for your kids.
    Home school is good for some kids---but they also need interaction with other children.
    kgck_momma

Answer by kgck_momma at 9:49 PM on May. 2, 2009

• send her to a public school
    Anonymous

• As for the "Christian school environment," I learned every four letter word in the book from the Catholic school kids. And there is more teen/preteen sex at bible camp than any where else on earth.

Anonymous

• I would home school. Then she will get all the attention her actions are screaming for. I used to be just like her. She needs your love and guidance in everything especially God. God bless.

mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 9:54 PM on May. 2, 2009

• pray pray pray about it
    i pulled my son out of public 1/2 through the year he is in christian school now and i couldnt be happyer him too
    look at schools and talk to them about discounts, i did i was embarassed but up front and im so glad now
    save those pennies girl
    good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:55 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I still feel no one can teach my children better than me. Not saying I am smarter, i just know that I can give them the love and attention in this situation that others could not. GB
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 9:58 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Check out every teacher, every administrator and ensure they have all the necessary credentials to teach. Many private school teachers do not have the necessary and state required licensing to teach.  Also check out the requirements for students.  Is the school an accredited school?  Does it meet and hopefully exceed state requirements?  The public school my children attend exceeds state requirements to prepare them for college. 

Anonymous