Big Ears!

My husband and I went out to eat and there was a boy about7 and he had big ears and they stuck out so far, I love all kids no matter what and I felt for that little boy because I know how cruel other kids can be,does your child have this and how do you deal with others that say cruel things or stare?????

momindistress08

Asked by momindistress08 at 9:41 PM on May. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• My brother has big ears and he was teased about it in school until he reached high school and grew his hair out longer to cover his ears. They weren't real big but they were bigger than everyone else's in the family. Some people have them pinned back through surgery and I'd never do such a thing!

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:44 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I had an x boyfriend who had big ears that stuck out far from his head. Growing up he was always called Dumbo. I personally think big ears on little kids are adorable! But yes kids are cruel and he was definitely made fun of for them.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:48 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I think I have heard that You are born with the size ears you will always have. They never grow. So what your born with is what you got - for life.........................

Pretty interesting huh.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 9:50 PM on May. 2, 2009

• That's not true bristle . .it's that your ears never stop growing, your eyes are the same from birth.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:50 PM on May. 2, 2009

• oh and your nose too is supposed to keep growing . .. scary!! lol . . . just what I need . .nose growth . . lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:52 PM on May. 2, 2009

• yaa ears dont stay the same for life..cuz holy crap all babies would look hilarious!! lol, and yess its the eyes that stay the same..as for big ears..my daughters ears are perfect..LOL! my nephew on the other hand..lol..hes got big ears to..not like hugely big..but..theyre big..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:56 AM on May. 3, 2009

• thanks ladies for all your answers my son doesnt have big ears but as with any child if people dont see perfect then the child is made fun of and people dont see how mentaly damaging it is to children just because of the way they were ment to be by GOD,all children are a blessing from GOD and I,ve taught my son not to make fun of people with disabilities or may look a little diff from them because they have feelings too or to call people fat but to be that persons friend too.
    thanks again!!!
    momindistress08

Answer by momindistress08 at 7:09 PM on May. 3, 2009