Is it bad to sleep on ur right side?

i cant fall asleep on my left and im just so use to sleeping on my stomch or right side and i just cant seem to sleep on my left side is that bad

honeyb690

Asked by honeyb690 at 9:44 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nope it is not bad. Either side is fine to lay on during pregnancy, although they recommend laying on your left because it allows the most blood flow and nutrients to get to your baby. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with laying on your right side. No back or stomach though.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:45 PM on May. 2, 2009

• the only way i could sleep was either on my right side or propped up on my back. i could never fall asleep on my left side because i had bad leg cramps...and my baby kept kicking my husband in the ass but i thought that was kinda funny...my doctor told me one time to try laying on my back flat. but it felt like i was suffocating and i didn't do that anymore. but i spent most of my 3rd trimester on my right side.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:48 PM on May. 2, 2009

• the right side is fine to sleep on. I had to sleep that way through my pregnancy because of how my right arm would lay and it would cause me great discomfort. it may be good that my son didn't get more nutrients considering how big he was at birth! lol.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:52 PM on May. 2, 2009

• thank you i thought i had to only be on my left side because this is my frist and im 6months 2days
    honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 9:54 PM on May. 2, 2009

• The baby does get better circulation on the left side, but I slept any way I could sleep because I was so uncomfortable. But there is something about the left side because when my baby's heart beat was decelerating the nurses forced my to lay on my left side while they gave me oxygen....
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:46 PM on May. 2, 2009

• no, it's fine.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 10:46 PM on May. 2, 2009

• no, i asked my doctor the same thing, she said to lay on whatever side is comfortable for you :)
    shelbysunflower

Answer by shelbysunflower at 11:45 PM on May. 2, 2009