anyone with little cussers

My 4 year son old just told my 10 year old son "Dakota, im gonna beat your ass" It was funny in a way but I didnt let him see me laugh and I called him to the computer room and told him thats not nice for little people to say. When I told his dad he heard me and started crying saying "mommy and daddy dont love me, they hurt my feelings" I know its not nice to say bad words in front of the kids but sometimes it slips and seems like he picks up everything. anyone else have "little cussers"

heavenlypeace

Asked by heavenlypeace at 9:56 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my 3 year old has a grandpa that cusses like a sailor and now my son says son of a bitch, fucking shit, GDamn it...I can't stand it anymore I have told my dad to stop cussing so much..i dont take my son over there as much and my son is now getting the idea that his words are mean and bad words.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:59 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Oh yah momma - right here. My 3 all swear. Its not that bad but they do. I think its become (alittle) of the norm around here. It seems like most kids where I come from say a few mild swears. I really dont think its a big deal. My kids also know you do not talk like that at school, grammy, grampy etc..... IDK - kids will be kids. The worlds changing....Hang on!!! :)
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 10:07 PM on May. 2, 2009

• a tad of Dawn on a toothbrush does wonders! when my son was 2, he said the B word. I brushed his teeth with the tiniest bit of Dawn, and he hasn't uttered a dirty word since! He is almost 5.
    boomfox

Answer by boomfox at 1:31 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Yeah my three year old was wanting to watch a movie and her daddy wouldnt put it on for her so she came told me that her daddy was being an ass hole and i washed her mouth out with soap as well. She picks it up from her nanny's house. She was over at her nanny's house one day and the dog didn't make it outside in time and she pooped on the floor and my daughter went and told her nanny that the dog shit on the floor again. It funny that they know exactly how to use those words but then again its not funny because they could use them in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 2:26 AM on May. 3, 2009

• i try my hardest not to swear in front of my kids but sometimes in the heat of the moment- well oops! lol- and my sister talks to my 5 year old like hes grown so yeah they pick things up- i remember once when my oldest was about 3 we were going outside for a walk and the wind blew i told him come on lets go and he said i would if this damn wind would stop blowing me!!!! lmao! i chastised him but had to turn my back to him so he couldnt see me laughing lol- then theres times he says this one is sexy and thats sexy (my sisters fault) and i have to yell at hime because i dont think words like that should come out of a 5 yr olds mouth- children i tell u!!!! lol
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:53 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Since I don't swear, or allow swearing in front of my children, I don't have this problem. If you think it's funny, don't be surprised they are swearing. It isn't funny to hear nasty words come out of a little child's mouth. They have been taught those words.
    Anonymous

• Really.......either dont swear in front of your kids or expect them to swear too. I think tht anyone who washes there kids out with soap should have the same thing done to them. That is terrible.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 2:58 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I agree mistynights. It shouldn't be the norm, and the world shouldn't be full of foul mouthed little kids whose parents think it's cute or acceptable. Why do you think it's funny? When he gets in trouble at preschool, you're not going to be able to say times are changing and I think it's okay. Don't set up your children with bad social habits.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 5:12 PM on May. 3, 2009

• because i have a sence of humor might try to lighten up a bit and you might get one.kids will be kids and do stuff that you might not approve of so get over it. Oh and just because you don't swear in front of your kids don't mean that they won't ever do it they can pick it up from anywhere duh. Oh and yes i've had my mouth washed out before it ddidn't kill me
    Anonymous

• No, my friends know how to speak appropriately. I don't have a sense of humor about children misbehaving in this way. You keep thinking it's funny if you're fine with your child cussing. Kids misbehave, yes. I correct my children so they don't embarrass themselves. And I set the example. If my children pick it up from your children, that speaks poorly on your part as a parent. Kids pick things up because other parents think it's funny.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:28 PM on May. 3, 2009