• In the Spotlight:

baby hates sippy help !!!!!

i have a little boy who just turned one in march , i have tryed sippy cups everyone out there, even tryed not to give him a bottle of two hole days but all he does is scream and cry for hours. i have tryed leting him be around other kids that use sippys and that doesnt work eather, i have tryed everything i can thing of ...... does anyone have an idea to how i can ween him from the bottle ?????????

mom_since08

Asked by mom_since08 at 10:00 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try a regular cup. Some babies pick it up really quickly. He sees you drinking out of regular cups so he might be more inclined to try. It'll be messy at first, but you might be surprised.

Good Luck
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:06 PM on May. 2, 2009

• i have tryed regular cups and everything he thinks he is such a big boy but even barly putting any thing in is cuo he dumps it all over the place if i give him a a drink out of my cup he does fine no mess or nothing
    mom_since08

Answer by mom_since08 at 10:09 PM on May. 2, 2009

• It just takes practice.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:38 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Offer juice/milk in the cup - if he insists on the bottle, give it to him with water in it. my DS turned one in Feb, we're still fighting the bottle battle. Our problem is that cups or bottles - if he doesn't want it, he will pour it on the floor and finger paint in it.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 10:34 AM on May. 3, 2009

• My dd would not ake a sippy cup at all she prefered a straw cup an to this day she'll only drink out of a straw cup so on the Hot days I got a straw cup made by Thermos Walmart an Target has them in the house hold area an they are great the keep things cold or hot! so you might try try that good luck!
    Anonymous

• I feel your pain. My son didn't take to a sippy cup until he was probably 15 months old. I just had to keep trying. I must have bought 10 different brands of cups. The one that he likes the best is Nuby. Good luck and stay strong!
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 12:52 AM on May. 5, 2009