• In the Spotlight:

is it normal?

My son goes to bed at 8:30 (thats also the last bottle) and sleeps soild until 8:00 the next morning he will be eight months on the 14th. my friend said Im layin him down to early? what do u think?

nikalotta20

Asked by nikalotta20 at 10:04 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it aint broke don't fix it!
    Anonymous

• i think thats a wonderful time frame! 8 pm isnt too late or too early for that age, and 8 am isnt too early or late either! my son isnt always on the same schedule everyday, but I love when he's up at 8! still early enough for breakfast and coffee and after his breakfast he has a lot of playtime before the first nap
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:07 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Nope, you're doing great. Most babies wake up between 7-8 am regardless of what time they go to bed at night. Experts usually suggest an earlier bedtime for babies who aren't getting enough sleep. Mine slept 12 hours at night beginning around 7 mo. and is now 12 mo. and still sleeps from about 7:30 pm to 7:30 am (give or take). Sleep is sooo important at this age. The more they get, the better off they (and you) will be. Encourage as much sleep as possible....but follow his lead. If you're not having any sleeping issues, then stay on course!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:09 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I would take it! My son was up until 4 am, sleep until 8 am and no naps! If your baby want's that much sleep, let him and cherish it. At this point, there is no getting to much sleep. If he was a 17 year old. I would be worried.
    Anonymous

• Lucky you!! Your son would wake up if and when he's hungry! Don't worry!
    kgck_momma

Answer by kgck_momma at 10:18 PM on May. 2, 2009

• my lil one was like that but then i went back to work and didnt get out til 7:30 so now she goes to bed at 10pm and wakes up around 9:30 or so
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:23 PM on May. 2, 2009

• DS is 8.5 months old and goes down between 8-9pm. He still wakes at night to eat, but if I don't get him down around that time than he turns into the crabbiest baby..and it leads into the next day.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 10:27 PM on May. 2, 2009

• That's great! Don't change a thing!

I don't know if it's normal or not, but it's a good thing. My son is 9 months and wakes up at least twice a night on average. I WISH he'd sleep like yours! Enjoy it while he's doing it because it could change with teething.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:52 PM on May. 2, 2009

• No way is that too early! If he is sleeping that long at night it sounds like the perfect time to go to bed. My son slept a good 11 1/2 to 12 hours at that age. Sounds like you are doing everything right! Congrats! My MIL always told me I was putting my son to bed too early as well, but I just ignored her. He would sleep from 7 pm to about 6:30 am.
    Anonymous

• PERFECT!! My 10 month old has been going to bed by 7/7:30pm since she was at least 4 months old.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:12 PM on May. 2, 2009