Any ideas how best to schedule myself for work?

I am trying to figure out how I am gonna do this. I gotta work 3 days of the week at least one weekend day, I have a sitter who is reliable and I need to make my own schedule starting June (its already made for May) I will work evenings 2pm till 12mid or so the time is uncertain and sometimes I don't get to bed till 2 - 3 am, I need to understand I can do this, need some encouragement. I am thinking Sunday evening, Tues even, and Thurs eve? This way I will have a break in between because either way I have to wake up at the break of dawn when the kids do (I have a 2 & 4 yr old) I don't think I can make it well to not get sleep then have to do the evening shift several days in a row. Any ideas or think this might work?

J.Lily

Asked by J.Lily at 10:05 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• You mean you get to decide your schedule? Would you be able to make changes if needed?

I'd try what you're planning and see if it works. If it doesn't and you're allowe dto make changes, then make them. You really willonly be able to figure it out by doing.

You don't mention what kind of job...if it's anything like waiting tables, I'd try for the busiest parts of the day for more tips.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:32 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I've been there.

I would do two days in a row, and one in the middle of the two. Say Sun. and a Wed/Thur. Or a Sun/Mon and a Thur.

This way you still get a break but it's not. Work one day, try to catch up the next, work one day, try to catch up the next. The first option.. you'll get one day work, one day catch up, one day free, two days work, one day catch up, one day free. and similar with the other option. This way you won't feel overwhelmed when your playing catch up with sleep/laundry, etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:52 AM on May. 3, 2009