My brown spotting is weird... very graphic i know and im sorry for it im just worried about it... well anyways it is kind of snotty looking like mucus that sticks together?? yeah i know gross anyone heard of this?

melissa78155

Asked by melissa78155 at 10:07 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it's probably fine - I had that with both of my pregnancies. With my first I was probably 5 months and I had it...it was like, mucousy brown and gross. It only lasted about one day. With my second I had it in the 1st trimester and even one time I had red blood-tinged mucous. The body has to do a lot to get that little booger ready for the world so things move around and come out. I would say as long as you're not having bright red spotting/bleeding and aren't having painful cramps you are probably fine. I dont' know what the previous replier is talking about going to the ER to sew your cervix - that's insanity. I think if you needed that done you would *know* there is a problem. Brown discharge? No biggie. Try to relax...stress is not good for your growing baby! Have a good rest of the weekend. :-)
    Anonymous

• how far along are you? it could be the mucous plug, it could be a slight period (normal in the first trimester to spot a little, but the dr should still be notified), if you have cramps or show more blood contact the dr.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:10 PM on May. 2, 2009

• go to the ER they can sew up your cervix maybe if you need it because you maybe starting labor, Have hubby drive you and lay down all the way.PRAYERS
    Anonymous

• Spotting is fine as long as there's no cramps with it
    Anonymous