What is your favorite horror movie and why?

I'm just curious as to what scary movies people like and why they like them. I have tons that I like, but the most recent two that I saw, Laid to Rest and From Within, have instantly become new favorites. What do you guys like. If you don't like horror, don't post rude comments on here. Thank you.

jazztastic

Asked by jazztastic at 10:12 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Entertainment

• I don't have one specific one but I Love the gory ones with lots of blood and guts ..
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 10:22 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Final Destination 1,2, and 3. Jeepers Creepers 1 and 2 and The Exorcist.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:03 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I like alot of them, but The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is my favorite, because i am obssessed with ED Gein, the serial killer who that movie was based on. I also like The Hills Have Eyes 1 & 2. And all of the chucky movie (child's Play)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on May. 3, 2009

• POLTERGEIST...just the 1st one..the 2nd is ok but the original POLTERGEIST is awesome....
    boysblah3

Answer by boysblah3 at 10:40 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Cabin Fever because the thought of a killer flesh eating virus that can't be contained is scary to me- not to mention that leg-shaving scene was one of the most disguting things I've ever seen in a movie.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:15 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I love Stay Alive, Saw movies, Hostel pt.1 and It.
    Jeepers Creepers is good too...
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 4:16 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I agree with IhartU. That shaving scene was very cringe-worthy.
    jazztastic

Answer by jazztastic at 6:49 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I love horor movies and really cna't pick a favorite. HOweve the worst one ever made is The Village.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:19 AM on May. 4, 2009

• i agree with pagirl71 the village was so stupid
    I love horror movies I can't pick just one
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:44 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I'd have to say "The Shining." The original,theatric version,with Jack Nicholson. It came out when I was a Jr. in High School,and wasn't old enough to get into it yet. But a friend of mine worked at the theater,and snuck a group of us in. BIG mistake. At least for me. I didn't sleep the entire night, the first time I saw it,and even now, over 25 years later, I still cannot watch it at night. It still creeps me out, especially that scene in the bathroom,with the woman in the tub. Plus, Jack Nicholson is so creepy,just watching him alone is enough to give one nightmares! LOL. Of recent movies, I really liked "Skeleton Key",with Kate Hudson. It really messes with your mind, and you don't realize what's going on till the end. I like movies like that.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:26 PM on May. 4, 2009