Why are men brates?

Why do men think that the only thing that makes women happy is when they are spending money on us. I am so mad right now. For mothers day last year I did not get anything, and I am not getting anything this year either... I sure of it. He said he did not have the money; however, we got him something for fathers day. All I am saying is that they could make breakfast for us, have a picnic, or something that does not cost money. I put everyone else ahead of myself, and it is time for me to take care of me. I always take care of my kids, but I do not think about me much.
I just want some freakin help that's all. I want to be appreciated. I want to feel loved and respected. I need him to look past himself. He things that just because he works and takes out the trash that he is helping. He only takes the trash maybe twice a week and has an attitude about that too. Grrrrr...... I just needed to vent thats all.... :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Stay strong Momma! Your kid/kids will understand one day.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:19 PM on May. 2, 2009

• seriously, i feel like i just read my journal. lol
    my husband is the EXACT same way. he thinks just cause he works, that when he comes home and MAYBE hangs out with us for an hour that its ENOUGH, and it OK for him to go on his video games for the rest of the day until 12pm! apparently he does enough around the house when he doesnt do crap. i totally feel your pain. im trying to figure it out on my own as well. good luck
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 10:38 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Knock rthat big
    Chip
    off his shoulder..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:48 PM on May. 2, 2009

• There are ways to get husbands to do things for us and to help us out, but nagging and griping are not how it is done. I have to tell you that the women's movement has really hurt women in this department. Women have said they could do it all and wanted to do it all, and men have bought into it hook, line, and sinker. It can't be both ways, especially in a man's eyes. So, you have to decide how equal you want to be. Most men could care less whether you buy them a gift for any day or not. Equality to them means you don't care either. The same is true for household chores. If he's going to work and you are staying home, to him that means equality. He's doing his part, and you are doing yours. And you have to remember that this has now been the "norm" for a couple of generations, so your husband has most likely not seen how a real marriage is supposed to work. So it's not his fault. Blame it on the ERA.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:54 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Your man is like that because you allow him to be like that. Now get to crackin that whip darlin.
    Anonymous

• ADD ON TO THE ABOVE QUESTION:

I should add that I do not nag him or fuse at him ever much either. However, when I do tell him my feelings he acts like I have been. I asked him how I can talk to him without upsetting him, and then I did what he advised.... Yeah.... So... that did not work either. NOW dont think my man is all bad. I just need advise because love is not enough sometimes. If you do not feel appreciated or cared about (my feelings), then love is not enough. And say thanks babe for dinner, get up and leave the kitchen without helping, and put his plate in the sink when the dishwasher is empty.... Well that is not respectful or appreciating anyone. I am not a stay at home mom. I am a full time student, which is a job. I have to work even harder to keep my grades in order to keep my financial aid. He is a psychology major, so when I do try to talk to him he just turns things around... And he is good at it... LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on May. 3, 2009