Maternity Belts

Have any of you used a maternity belt? How exactly do they work? I am 23 weeks pregnant with twins and I am starting to get very uncomfortable. I was going to ask my ob about using one when I go in for my next appt but I was just wondering if anyone has any opinions about them first.

TiffanyReed

Asked by TiffanyReed at 10:16 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I bought the elastic band one from motherhood maternity. It was okay for the second trimester, but got really irritating during the last trimester, and it cut into my skin all day long. It hurt after I took it off too. But if you get the one that covers your entire tummy not the strip of elastic, those are comfy. I had one that looked like a tube top, much better!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:31 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I agree with the previous poster, the tube top ones are great.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:34 PM on May. 2, 2009

• i bought the $20.00 one from Motherhood Maternity Store...it works, but, it can get uncomfortable because of the tightness too...it does help support though. Give it a try for sure.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 10:46 PM on May. 2, 2009