constipation question

anyone of you ladies stay constipated all the time?Im tired of this. Ive tried the colon cleanse and seems like it made it worse. Guess I will live on Laxitives dont know what else to do. I only poop maybe one time a week if im lucky and if its more its only a little at a time. Get kinda tired after 30 min. on the toilet trying to push out a little ball.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Health

• eat a high fiber diet, drink lots of water. If you do not have a balanced diet, you will have problems.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:18 PM on May. 2, 2009

• i found that coffee keeps me regular. after i get about halfway through my cup i'm gone. but if you are not a coffee drinker try adding more fiber to your diet. my husband uses benefiber in his orange juice every morning. he says it makes it easier for him to go and he goes every day. you can also try metamucil.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:18 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Eat taco bell, it always clears me out.
    Anonymous

• Non stop laxatives will not work. That will actually make things far, far worse.

Try miralax instead (it is not a laxative) or try the fiber additives. Either way, make sure you increase your water intake a LOT. Increasing your fiber but not increasing the amount of water you drink will make it worse, not better.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:21 PM on May. 2, 2009

• friuts and veggies is what keeps you healthy green leaf lettuce instead of iceburg in a salad should help
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 10:23 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I was taking Hydroxycut and that constipated me BAD (I stopped taking them tho) and I seriously didnt go for 2 WEEKS! Well a guy at work had some yogurt with fiber and I ate that and not even 20 minutes later I was in the bathroom...I eat that now daily and am able to go ...even before I was taking the diet pills I would only go 1-2 tiomes a week, so the yogurt really works! lol
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 10:30 PM on May. 2, 2009

• actually miralax is a laxative(a natural laxative) and my son had to be on that for 2 years. he is now 3. it did work for him so i would suggest that as well as kaycee14 said.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:32 PM on May. 2, 2009

• if you like them jalapenos are great for keeping your bowels cleaned out

Answer by admckenzie at 11:09 PM on May. 2, 2009

• None of you have mentioned exercise. Exercise works wonders on a sluggish bowel.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 5:41 AM on May. 3, 2009

• drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day. eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. eat 7 servings of whole grains a day. cut way back on, or eliminate meat and dairy. eat beans and lentils. walk briskly for at least 20 minutes a day.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:32 PM on May. 3, 2009