• In the Spotlight:

Does any of your children truly cause you a lot of aggravation?

My 11 year old son does and I can't take it anymore. He stole games for one of those video game systems from a friend. He lies to his teacher and he does a lot of stupid things. He does have ADHD and not medicated because we didn't like how the medication affected him. But having that is no excuse to be honest. My twin brother had the stealing problem and he doesn't have it. I don't know. I mean if he get worse one day he'll wind up in jail. I truly don't care. Let him learn. I can't take it anymore. I told my husband I'm going to leave with our younger one. Said that out of anger of course. Really should of posted this in tweens but this category gets more action. lol

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 10:17 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Don't give up, he needs you now more than ever! If you give up he will too! Hang in there. Pray and keep faith in what ever you believe in. I thank God every day that my mom didn't give up on me, and I was a really crappy kid! I am so greatful for her now that I have my kids!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:25 PM on May. 2, 2009

• yeah my daughter is only 17 months old but has the attitude of a 4 year old she refuses to hold my hand in public, throws things and hits me when she isnt happy or dosent get her way and i deal with it all the time cause im a single mom i get no breaks and i wanna rip my hair out!
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 10:21 PM on May. 2, 2009

• have you only tried the one medication for his ADHD? I think there are more than one. you may have to just find one that fits him. they also have camps you can send troubled teens to. i dont know that i would do that but....have you tried getting him to see a therapist? maybe he has some underlying problems..
    Anonymous

• My dd used to drive me bananas. She would steal food from our house and occasionally from the store, constantly talk back, wouldn't listen at home or school. She never paid attention to what she was doing and as a result constantly hurt her brother. I thought she was ADD or ADHD but they said no. I used to send her to bed early just so I could get a break and wouldn't have to deal with her. We got her into therapy and she is doing much better. She still has her moments or even days but our life is so much easier. I don't know if that helps but at least you know you arn't alone.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 10:38 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Don't give up, try another medicine, see if he reacts better to that, and ground him right down 2 only using the bare neccessities, no phone, computer, music,games, no going to friends house or them visiting, and make him clean the house wash the walls, vacuum, mop, clean the sinks, toilets, and tubs. Make everyones bed, clean all counters, and the stove. I bet after doing all that he'll never want 2 steal again. And u'll have a clean house, or u could sign him up 2 do community service
    Anonymous

• i agree with the previous poster! good answer!
    twarmymm

Answer by twarmymm at 11:09 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Sound like u need to get him properly medicated and both of u some counseling so u can find out why he does the things he does and u so u can know how to deal with him.This makes me sad to read things like this my 16 year old daughter passed away unexpedley 16 months ago she was a wonderful daughter and I grieve for her everyday.I have 4 sons and I have been thru everything with them just remember they are your child and tell them u love them very much and if there is a problem face it and get help for it.They will thank u someday
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 11:11 PM on May. 2, 2009

• My 3 year old drives me up the wall. But it sounds like you need to try other medications. My brother took a knife to my father because of the medication he was on. Those were scary times, but after a few tries, he was given a good dose and a medicine that helped. Good luck.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:34 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Yes. My oldest is almost 9 and has a behavior problem and she causes me endless aggravation and stress.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:50 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Yes. My 6 year old (my youngest) had auditory processing issues. We've run through the whole is it ADHD or a learning disability or is ODD? Now we're fairly sure it's auditory processing disorder. She will be tested by an audiologist soon but all other test point to that. So when we tell her something, she just stares blankly at us or she looks around the room like she's not listening. It's sooo frustrating. But she is listening and she is paying attention. She just can't make the proper connections in her brain to know who to respond. That's the most frustrating thing in the world. I find myself yelling at her sometimes even though I know better than to do that. I need to give her time to process what I'm saying. Some days I feel like I'm going to pull all my hair out.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:57 PM on May. 2, 2009