How much sooner do second time moms give birth?

I'm hoping I can get this one out before the end of December haha.

ours

Asked by ours at 10:22 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my first was born at exactly 40 weeks to the day..(on his due date)
    my second was born 2 weeks early and that was with me trying like hell to induce labor myself.
    i was in labor with my son for 25 hours and pushed for 4 hours
    i was in labor with my daughter for 7 hours and pushed for 20 minutes. much better the second time around..lol and i had epidurals both times.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:26 PM on May. 2, 2009

• lol when are you due?? I was due june 1st and i just had my little girl at 34 weeks last thursday. Ill tell you one thing that goes alot quicker with the second is labor i went from a 5 to an 8 in less than a minute and then she was out 17 minutes later!!
    ladybug.ky88

Answer by ladybug.ky88 at 10:26 PM on May. 2, 2009

• my first was 2 weeks early, and the second was 2 1/2 weeks early. I am thinking this one will be 2 1/2 weeks, maybe 3. we'll see!
    Anonymous

• I was induced after my due date with my first, but, she never dropped and I ended up with a c-section. I was in extremely painful augmented labor for 16 hours and only went to 4cm and my baby went to -2 station. Anyway, this time around I'm trying for a VBAC so like the first post I want to naturally induce labor as much as I can so my body can go into labor on my own. I've heard for someone like me, my second labor will be as long as my first would have been if not induced. So, I have no idea....I just want to succeed having a baby vaginally, the way GOD intended us women to give birth to our children. The only reason I'm trying a VBAC is because a dream I had that was sooo real and very interesting... I did a lot of research and surrounded myself around great support (nurse-midwife, doula, hypno-birthing therapist and hubby and mommy) it looks like my dream has a good chance in becoming a reality since baby is low too.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 10:43 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Due date is January 6th and my last one was about a week early. I'm sure I'll have her/him in time for the tax credit!
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:14 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Both my first & second child were exactly on their due date. They were ON TIME. LOL. It drove me CRAZY.

My mom had both my younger brother & I early. Me earlier than him.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 3:57 PM on May. 3, 2009