Is your stepchild spoiled beyond belief?

First of all let me say that me and my SO have a 16 month old son. He has a 8 yr old daughter from a previous marriage . I love her to death but she just wants and needs everything to be done for her.Tonight she asked her daddy to come turn on the tv for her,  knowing she has had the same TV for the past 2 years. She always has to sit and be right on top of me or my SO. The other day she got mad at me because I told her she had  to eat her vegtables before a snack, she straight out lied to me and said she ate them but they were in the trash! My SO doesnt like discipling her because him and his ex wife share custody so he doesnt have her all the time. She walks around telling everyone how beautiful she is and how everyone wants to be and look like her ! I feel bad because one day someone will knock her to reality!  I am just venting....sorry gals!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on May. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• Step children usually know they can get what they want out of parents who have to share them. If she wants a "blank" and daddy won't buy it mommy will, so daddy wants to buy it so he can be the one to make her "happy" Right? I had 2 step-sisters they were just like that. Good Luck! You might need it!
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:41 PM on May. 2, 2009

• OMG, this is MY life all over again.My SO is the same way and it does NOTHING but piss me off.Our son is almost 2 years old and sometimes he acts as though he will never be as good as his child from his previous relationship.... It annoys me
    nat1981

Answer by nat1981 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2009