ds penis is red. he is 15 months

could he has an infection of some sort? he isnt circumcised. I pulled the skin back just a tad to see if it was red under neath and it was alittle...it isnt like the rest of his pp....and there is this red bump on his testicles but I am not sure if its a "bump" or just a rash making it look bumping. Its a good marble size. He does have a butt rash too and the medicine isnt getting rid of it either. He had bad rashes before and they never went away so I changed medicines and they went away but recently he has been having really bad diarrhea for no reason and no has a bad rash. What could this be?
We just have a family doctor, just changed plans so we havent seen him yet and they dont do same day or anything soon appointments just like a week in advance.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:38 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if he had diarrhea, it could be acidic and is burning his skin. i would go to er if you cant make it to your doctor on monday and see if they can give you diaper rash rx called nystatin.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:42 PM on May. 2, 2009

• ER isnt an option...I would rather make the poor guy wait till monday or tuesday then go to the ER and get something worse like the swine flu or the flu! Nasty place...thank you for the advice.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:44 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Take him to the doc on Mon
    Anonymous

• could be MRSA from a dirty scissors!Dangerous for a baby! get him tested, is it like a pimple?
    try tea tree oil mixed with olive oil it takes pain away too. ANTIBIOTICS ARE GOOD BUT MAY COME BACK, LOOK IT UP HERE ON CAFE MOM!???? JUST A GUESS
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:46 PM on May. 2, 2009

• OH HE WAS NOT CIRCUMSIZED, THEN TRY TEA TREE OIL STILL?MAYBE IF YOU LOOK IT UP
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:49 PM on May. 2, 2009

• 2mothershelpers, there is NO NEED to scare a mom like that! First off, she said her son WASN'T circ'ed, second, the chance that he had MRSA even if he WAS circ'ed is super small.

It sounds like it might be a yeast infection. If you are breast feeding watch out for it on your nipples. If you're not, you should check his mouth anyway.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:50 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Don't take him to the ER, but call the ER and ask them what they think you should do.
    Please ignore 2mothershelpers
    kgck_momma

Answer by kgck_momma at 10:51 PM on May. 2, 2009

• He isnt breastfeeding he stopped a month or two ago. It isnt like a pimple its bigger and without sounding like I groped my son I felt it and it wasnt hard or anything. I think it might be a yeast...dont know how that goes though so ??? his mouth looks fine. But like I said he all of a sudden has like REALLY watery diarrhea. He is whining a lot too...I gave him some tylenol and he seems better no more crying just a rash still. He is running around nakey right now in hopes it helps.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:53 PM on May. 2, 2009

• The ER here is stupid they tell you to come in for anything. I am NOT going to the ER too icky. If I was concerned for his health then yes but it appears to just be some bad rash or an infection of a minor case?
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:54 PM on May. 2, 2009

• It's probably just from the irritation from the diarrhea. Have you tried putting diaper ointment on?
    Anonymous