Ladies, Please Tell Me About Your Birthcontrol!

I am wondering what kind of BC is being used out there in the world. I am in limbo with trying to figure out what is best for me. I just, this past week, was told I was pregnant while on a IUD. I had to have the IUD taken out and then find out I was miscarrying. So now I know IUD's are not for me. So just wondering what you are using, what you like about it or do not like?

jem102675

Asked by jem102675 at 10:49 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Health

• I use Yaz birth control and have had NO issues with it at all. It is a low dose hormone that is a different hormone than other birth control pills.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:27 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I do the pull out method and its worked for me for 4 years already, thank God! I don't believe in birth control pills because they can kill you from all the damn side effects of blood clots, strokes and heart attacks! plus weight gain and acne!
    bettyboob83

Answer by bettyboob83 at 10:54 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I use FAM (fertility awareness method) and condoms (during my fertile phase). I like that I can have sex without worrying about condoms for more than half the month and I don't have to worry about pills and the side effects of hormones. I also like that it gives me a lot of insight into what my body is doing, and I have learned a lot about myself. What I don't like about it is that during my fertile phase I have to remind my husband to get a condom. It's a little bit of a mood killer. It's also not an exact science for me because my signs can be a little confusing, so I have to err on the side of caution sometimes.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:55 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Please God, do don't use the pull out method. It's taking a very big risks and there's plenty of pull out babies out there. I would suggest Nuva Ring, yes it's a vaginal insert, but it's low dose with few side effects. And yes I'm on this.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:06 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Hubby had a vasectomy after years trading off between the pill and condoms for our bc. The vasectomy was great, I like it very much -best b/c I've ever used (easiest, too). For us there is no negative -we're done, it was covered by insurance (so no price tag), and it was quick & easy (not hard on hubby & would even have been perfect if he hadn't bought a normal sized cup for recovery... 'it' swells and you need to go up a size or two to be comfortable). It's definitely better than the pill or condoms were, for us anyway.
    wymom94

Answer by wymom94 at 4:14 AM on May. 3, 2009

• We use the aspirn method: put an asprin between your knees.

Seriously, I have been using a diaphram for over 20 years; love it!!!

Answer by rkoloms at 12:29 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I use Zovia birth control pill, it's a low-dose hormone bc pill b/c I'm 5'2'' and 109lbs. We'll, of course, use condoms on the inactive week. But so far, it has been wonderful. I've heard that IUD are awful. All my friends who have inserts have complained about them. They don't seem worth it. And you obviously have had your own problem with that! lol.

Plus with birth control, you can stop those pills when you feel its time to TTC, instead of having to go to the doctor to get the insert out.

Only problem with my advice, I've only had sex with my husband for 2 weeks on this bc b/c he is currently deployed in Iraq. But I didn't get pregnant when he was home, so so far it IS working. LOL.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 3:13 PM on May. 3, 2009