What if?

What if you were pregnant and your doctor told you there would be something wrong with your baby, that he/she would not make it or that he/she would probably live as a vegetable thier whole life would you still have the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on May. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, doctors aren't always right. And miracles DO happen every day.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 3:03 PM on May. 3, 2009

• yes!! only God can take her (his) life.
    Anonymous

• it would be heartbreaking, but yes I would still have the baby. he/she was growing in my belly for a reason, and I would love it unconditionally
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:56 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Absolutely. I worked with a girl who had some sort of bone malformity (I don't know what exactly) but she was really tiny although not a dwarf, and totally double jointed, some of her bones didn't connect or something. She had a lot of surgeries as a child but by the time she was 19 she was living a happy, completely normal life. She once said something that really stuck with me, "I'm glad they didn't have all these advanced sonograms when my mom was pregnant because my bones were mush, they would've told her to abort me."
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 10:58 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Yes, I've always heard you are special as well if God entrusted you with a special child. He knows you will Love them unconditionally. They really are special and unique in their own way. May God Bless You and Help You! May He Give You the Strength You Need!
    jlaney

Answer by jlaney at 11:21 PM on May. 2, 2009

• This is such a personal decision. I know that I would not have the emotional or financial ability to take care of this child and I would not have it.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:46 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I would have to. Guilt would eat me alive if I didn't. God has a reason for all babies.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:52 PM on May. 3, 2009