Who pays the majority of the bills at your house

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• i'm a sahm, so SO is the moneymaker. but a month before our son was born I received an inheritance so I was ablt to pay my share of the bills for a while, pay off debt and buy some new things like the computer, but it's all gone now and it's all up to SO. but at least my debt is out of the way! and at our new house, we have our own well and no gas so the bills have decreased a little!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:05 PM on May. 2, 2009

• lol sorry bad spelling: I WAS ABLE not ablt lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:06 PM on May. 2, 2009

• right now I make double what my husband does. But in a few months he's going to blow me out the water! He'll be coming home from Basic training and will be an officer in the Air Force so he'll probably double me! I'm a Physical Therapist.
    vannasmommy250

Answer by vannasmommy250 at 11:11 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I pay them all...I'm a single mommy
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:11 PM on May. 2, 2009

• My husband pays all the bills. I am a sahm too. However I do get a few thousand from excess pell grant funds and i will help out with that money.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 11:17 PM on May. 2, 2009

• My husband is a SAHD, so I pay all the bills.

mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 11:39 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I'm with mandaday - I am the breadwinner, hubby is a SAHD. So I pay all the bills.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 11:40 PM on May. 2, 2009

• It depends on how you look at it. He makes the money, I write the checks. But the bills are paid with monies accumlated after we were married. Any monies either of us had before is still ours but doesn't get used for the household bills.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 12:17 PM on May. 3, 2009

• LOL.

My hubby pays all the bills. Well his money does, I actually handle our finances. Every bill is in his name though. I have no credit to my name b/c we got married when I turned 18 and soon thereafter I had our first child.

I have worked once but it didn't really contribute anything at all. My husband is happy to be the person bringing home the bacon! He, of course, would not hinder me from getting a job, but he is proud to be able to support myself and our kids :)
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 2:52 PM on May. 3, 2009