• In the Spotlight:

Racist, Bigot or Both?

If you hate Muslims and make comments about how they have to convert before they can go to heaven, which does that make you? Muslims are practicing a religion, but it is also an ethnic identity like Jewish. So is it only religious bigotry, or is it a broader ethnic racism?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 11:03 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• definately both.
    vannasmommy250

Answer by vannasmommy250 at 11:08 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I think it's a little bit of both.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:05 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I think it was nothing more than a laugh.
    Anonymous

• It makes them very narrow-minded and very insecure in their own skin..I think that if someone is going to scare or push someone into CONVERTING then they are not sure themselves.......
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 11:21 PM on May. 2, 2009

• it's both. And it's wrong.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:46 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I think it depends on what you say and how you say it.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 12:07 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I think that if you hate Muslims you need to consider whether you are really going to heaven yourself!!! I don't think there is anything wrong with sharing your faith with them in love. But if you hate them it is absolutely wrong and you are both a religious bigot and a racist too.

I think a lot of people have a hard time understanding muslims because 911 caused a lot of fear. But when you get to know them, they are so loving and normal. I think a lot of people that I know who are afraid of muslims are associating Islam with terrorists. Which is unfair, but it is also ignorance. However the people I know that are scared of them, don't hate them either. They just need to get to know them.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:17 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I am going to have to say both.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:29 AM on May. 3, 2009