How long should I space my children out?

I am a first time mom on Mirena, and my daughter is only six months old. We got pregnant two months into our marriage and I am 22... looking for some advice...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I was 22 when I had my first DD we got married October found out I was pregnant in August so we were married only 10 months I wanted another baby when she was about 6 months old but new i couldn't do it that close then when she 18 months we talked about having another baby but wanted a bigger house first so we waited for that my 2 girsl are almost 3 years apart the baby was born January 11,08 and her 3rd birthday was April 29, 08 but now my youngest is almost 16 months old and now I cannot deicde if i want another one now or to wait this will be my last so a part of me wants to wait
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:17 PM on May. 2, 2009

• It's preference and depends on from person to person. I personally have done both....my oldest was 6 months old when I got pregnant with my second. It was hard at firs, but not as terrible as some may think. I think the worst part was having 2 carseats and 2 sets of diapers to change. Then we waited from my middle to my youngest and last son. My middle one was about 2.5 when we got pregnant with the baby. To me, that was harder. Both my older sons were potty trained, no more middle of the night wake ups, they played together, they ate pretty much on their own...it was like starting over alllllllllll over again. My husband and I debated on trying again after having him and I told him we had 3 months to decide b/c I wasn't going to space them out like that again. It's a little tough at first having them close together, but in the end and overall I say a lot easier than waiting. Good luck on the decision!
    ranze11617

Answer by ranze11617 at 11:31 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I'm on Depo and I really can't wait to have another baby. I only have one son who just turned nine months. I want to wait until he is in school before I have another one. Because, that would be double the daycare and plus, he'll be out of diapers and very well independent.
    Dylanmom731

Answer by Dylanmom731 at 9:26 AM on May. 3, 2009