Do you get anxious about parenting?

I worry alot ,does this sound like you?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 11:08 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• I worry that I'm doing something wrong all the time. Not that I think I'm a bad parent. I think I'm a great parent, but this is such a precious gift and I have so much influence in this little person's life. Am I good enough? I hope so.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:14 PM on May. 2, 2009

• it depends on who the parents are. I was a great parent but I have doubts about some of these folks.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:12 PM on May. 2, 2009

• i'm a first time mom, so yes! he just turned one, is healthy, has a buddha belly, smiles and laughs, so I know i'm doing something right. there's always a new challenge and always new questions and worries, but I'll probably be that way the rest of my life! thats just part of being a mother!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:14 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I get anxious about being a parent every minute of every day! I wonder if I'm doing the right thing---or disicipling them the right way.
    I think its a normal and natural thing to worry about the kind of parent you are.
    I know my parents worried about the same things.
    kgck_momma

Answer by kgck_momma at 11:18 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I remember bringing my son home for the first time. He started to cry, and I was like - OMG! What do I do?? That is when it hit me that I had this precious little life that was my responsibility. It was scary and made me very nervous! But after a while, your natural instinct will kick in and it gets better.
    He's 12 now. Even today, I still get nervous at times. Am I doing the right things, setting the right example? Preparing him for the future? But when I see him now doing his own laundry (his idea, not mine - we wanted to start doing it, so I taught him), and getting into advanced math and science, or sticking up for a smaller or weaker child, I have to smile.....that's my son!
    It doesn't ever really fully go away - you will always be nervous in a sense. It's only because you want to do the best for them, and by them.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 11:38 PM on May. 2, 2009