Is it wrong to use sex toys when married?

I am married...22yrs old...involved in church and my hubby is a minister.HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• heck no its not----it's your and your husband playing with each other! Why would that be wrong?
    kgck_momma

Answer by kgck_momma at 11:10 PM on May. 2, 2009

• dont let religion get to your head! if you wanna experiment with a sex toy or whatever go for it! is your hubby against them? think they are a sin? does he know you wanna try them? a sex toy isnt gonna ruin marriage or anything. maybe he could watch or help =)
    Anonymous

• Do you think its wrong? Thats all that matters. If you arent comfy using them then dont.

I personally find them fun on occasion as does my hubby.

Our bedroom, our doings, God/Goddess/FSM/ETC. dont care what you do in the bedroom. And if they do, then they ought to refocus their energy cuz there are more important things to be dealing with out in the world today.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:11 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I think that in most Christian denominations, anythign within the confines of marriage is OK. Is your husband uncomfortable with the idea or are you?

I cleaned for a family that was very religious. The husband was a pastor. They were super nice. One day I was cleaning the kitchen and there was a to-do list on the fridge and in the wife's nice, neat handwriting there was a long list with a few of the items checked off and at the end in the husband's sloppy handwriting was the item "Give wife orgasm!" :p The best part is it was checked off :p

I think it's fine. Why wouldn't it be?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:11 PM on May. 2, 2009

• using toys by yourself is not nice unless you are away from your spouse for weeks on end. But they are great to use together!
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 11:14 PM on May. 2, 2009

• umm, well why is it necessary after you get married? Does your husband have a penis? Why use plastic to feel good when you have a human being (man) that will give you that?
    Anonymous

• I believe the only potential problem with sex toys would be your own fantasies while using them. If you can use sex toys without imagining anything immoral, go for it.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:18 PM on May. 2, 2009

• well.. you have fun with that. I don't know how happy your hubby would be.

This is why I'm glad I'm not religious. I can have all the fun I want.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:47 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Here is the page from The Marriage Bed, a wonderful Christian site full of Bible-based information on the topics of sexuality within marriage: What's OK? What's Not?

If you go directly to the section on Sex Toys it says, "If a sex toy is used, it should be as an enhancement, not the center of attention. If it brings the couple closer, and results in one or both of them enjoying sex more, that is good. If it results in either person feeling badly, that is not good." There is also talk about fantasies/lusting and other subjects that may be important for you to consider. They also have an article specifically on vibrators here that will probably be helpful.

This is a great site for you and your husband to look over together!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 12:19 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Sex toys? Nothing wrong with it at all! Is your DH uncomfortable about it?
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 12:23 AM on May. 3, 2009