Can talk religion and have a sense of humor?

Or do you have to keep a stick up your butt the entire time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Atheist can poke and make fun...Christians cannont
    Anonymous

• I can talk religion and have a sense of humor---as long as judgement is left out of it.
    kgck_momma

Answer by kgck_momma at 11:11 PM on May. 2, 2009

• It doesn't seem to happen often here. Which is odd because I can do this often with my friends of various belief systems IRL. We can even pick on each other about it. Maybe because we don't really know each other here, and cannot properly gauge intent.

mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 11:19 PM on May. 2, 2009

• If judgement and rudeness is left out then I am sure people can handle it...If people that are making fun of the religion have a stick up their ass and completely put down the religion then its wrong. It also depends on peoples tolerance level.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 11:23 PM on May. 2, 2009

• It also helps if you're actually funny and not regurgitating the same thing over and over
    Anonymous

• it can go either way. :).
    I personally, like to have fun
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:47 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I have a great sense of humor, and my funny side can be seen in many religious discussions, but never in a way to poke fun at those who have a different religious affiliation than myself, or to mock religion. There's a distinct line between funny and sacrilegious/rudeness.
    There are many religious jokes I love, even some others get offended at (like the Jewish boy going to Catholic school and saying he behaves because he saw what they did to That Guy on the cross), but when something attacks an aspect of someone's faith or a misconception about a faith, I don't find it funny.
    There's a difference in being truly funny and being rude....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:51 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Wait... can I talk religion, have a sense of humor, AND have a stick up my butt?? Please? ;-)
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 12:02 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I have a wicked sense of humour.  That's why my friends love me and the anons hate me.  LOL

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:28 AM on May. 3, 2009

• i have a great sense of humor & religion is not a safe zone from it :D. especially my own, i laugh the hardest at jokes poking fun at Christianity. but i only like them in good form, no derogatory hate jokes are funny imo.

i think the thing that differs from on here & IRL is that you cant read someone's words the way they are thinking it. i can say something that i think is humorous & IRL you would too, but you could read it as being offensive on here. suckiest thing about the internet haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:35 AM on May. 3, 2009