i dropped my baby!

i was coming down the stairs today with my dd in my arms she was sleeping and i had her pillow in the other arm, i tried to climb over the gate which i do everyday that same way, and i fell and dropped her, she hurt her arm not broken thank god, but my husband keeps telling me that im a bad mom and i shouldnt be aloud to be alone with my dd, and he thinks its stupid that im so upset, i really dont know if i could forgive him. my question should i forgive him? am i a bad mom? i feel terrible about it, i cried for over an hour cause i felt so terrible and then my husband adding his two cents in is making everything worse!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• no you are not a bad mom
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:19 PM on May. 2, 2009

• You're not a bad mom! Accidents happen, mamma! Your husband is being an ass. On the one hand he's saying you're a bad mom and on the othe rhe's saying you shouldn't be upset about it? Tell him to shove it.

Just take steps to minimize the risk of dropping her again. Move the gate or take it down before you go downstairs.

It's okay. I know how bad you feel, but you didn't do anything wrong.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:20 PM on May. 2, 2009

• This is definitely an issue beyond the baby. You and hubby need counselling.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:20 PM on May. 2, 2009

• No That Does Not Make You A Bad Mom.
    These Things Happen To Mostly EveryBody.
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 11:21 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Don't worry, you're not a bad mom! This happens to everyone. My son rolled off the couch one day while I was at work and my SO was watching him, I felt like oh my goodness, how could you let that happen, but every baby is going to take a fall sometime. they're tougher than you think. It just shocks them more than anything.

And as far as your husband. Let him know that it could have happened to him as well. You're not perfect, but you don't deserve to be told you're a bad mother.

Don't beat yourself up about it dear. Your little one will be just fine. That's all that matters.
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 11:22 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Aw..you didn't mean to do it. Accidents happen. I'm so glad everything is ok. Your SO will get over it eventually. He's just upset because he's probably imagining all of the what-ifs. My daughter was in her booster seat when she was 10 months old. I had her strapped in, but didn't realize you are supposed to strap booster to the chair also (it was my first). She flipped the booster. There was blood everywhere cuz she got a bloody nose and lip. He said over and over that I should have read the instructions. He could have done the same thing just as easily... Your SO will probably make a mistake at some point too.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 11:22 PM on May. 2, 2009

• i agree with timeless, he has issues. you are NOT a bad mom!
    Anonymous

• it was an ACCIDENT! i bet you'll be more careful now, the baby is ok...it'll be ok! you're not a bad mom! mistakes and accidents happen! dont forgive hubby unless he apologizes first. maybe the firs thing out of his mouth was saying "you're a bad mother" because he panicked and he wasnt the one who dropped the baby and he wasnt thinking about what he said before it came out. let him cool off and hopefully he'll come to his senses and apologize for putting you down like that. but no you arent a bad mom!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:23 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Thank goodness I have never dropped my baby!
    Anonymous

• YOU ARE NOT A BAD MOM! Things like that happen! Forgive him and give him a few days to get over the fear of something happening to his little girl. If after a few days he is still acting the same way try talking to him. You didn't fall on purpose---if its possible try talking to his mom or grandma and have one of them explain to him how accidents like that sometimes happen.
    kgck_momma

Answer by kgck_momma at 11:25 PM on May. 2, 2009