Am I wrong?

I feel thatmy husband and my father are taking advantage of me. My mom is in the hospital, it doesn't look good, and he is living with us. I cook for 6, clean for 6, do laundry for 6, shop for 6, do dishes for 6. Not to mention take care of my3 and 4 year olds and my 2 months old. I have to take all three of them to the store with me. I have to drive my husband to work and pick him up. It's 100 miles all day. I do everything in the house and all I hear is what isn't done to their liking. I often get cold comments about the dishes on the counter, the clothes haven't been put away. The floor is dirty. I rarely get a "thank you" and always get an "I'm sorry." I would like to get noticed for mother's day, but I know I won't. My mom was the one who helped my kids with it. I would like for one day out of the whole year to be shown that I matter and what I do is important. Am I wrong?

krissyvelazquez

Asked by krissyvelazquez at 11:22 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Im sorry that they dont appreciate you the way they should. just keep your head up you are a great mommy wife and daughter. you have a lot of strength. i admire that in you!!!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 12:11 AM on May. 3, 2009

• No you are not wrong.... I'm sorry that they take you for granted. I used to be in that sort of situation too and it really hurt my heart when I tried so hard to please everyone and no one cared about taking care of me. Its a really difficult situation and it is a hard cycle to break.

((Big Hugs)) to you mommy!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:25 PM on May. 2, 2009

• You're doing an amazing job. I'd bring it up to them, everything that you do. And tell your husband he'd better do something amazing for mother's day.

THANK YOU on behalf of your family, because YOU ARE SUPER WOMAN, no joke. I can't keep up after my husband, my self and my daughter, let alone six!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:30 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Your not wrong---Happy Mother's Day from another momma! Your taking care of your family like any momma would! I don't know you but I'm proud of you!
    kgck_momma

Answer by kgck_momma at 11:31 PM on May. 2, 2009

• You are not wrong. Men can be like spoiled children. Stop doing their laundry, cooking for them, doing things for them. Once they see how hard it is to do it on their own, maybe they will give you some respect and stop taking you for granted. Your a great mom!
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 11:32 PM on May. 2, 2009